MAP the GAP: Ways of enhancing youth participation in local communities – Call for young people with IT skills for participation in 2 events:
Training course: 14-21.06.2019. Banjaluka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
International workshop (Hackathon): 26-31.07.2019. Eskisehir, Turkey
We are pleased to invite young people with IT skills/background from Serbia to join us on the Map the GAP project activities. If you are searching for new challenges, international experience and amazing people to work with this is CALL FOR YOU!
MAP the GAP project aims to bring together eight countries coming from WB and EU (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Poland, Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia) to investigate the possibilities of common work of IT and youth sector and to develop new products that youth, youth councils and organizations can use within their work.
The objectives are:
- To increase the level of expertise of the youth workers and youth with IT skills coming from BH, Turkey, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Italy and Poland on HOW TO use IT and Youth work for bigger impact on youth in local communities;
- To understand how e-participation can move youth in local communities and what is the solution;
- To introduce youth with new approach/tools that they can use in order to implement their initiatives in local communities.
IMPORTANT – As output of the project we aim to develop a digital tool during the Hackathon which will encourage young people to participate in terms of e-participation. So, PARTICIPANTS will be the ones who create the tool.
Who can apply?
- Young people with IT skills from Serbia, willing to explore solutions and work with us and curious for new skills and friendships
It doesn’t matter if you didn’t finish faculty or study in a field. It is enough that you have skills in the creation of new solutions (web platforms, apps, digital tools…) and you are motivated to share your knowledge with youth workers and to learn from them as well.
If you decide to apply what are your obligations:
- To participate on both events: Training course and Hackathon
- To be willing to share your knowledge and experience with the group
- To have solid knowledge of English (at least B1)
- Willing to learn and adopt new approach toward youth work and IT sector.
All workshops will be organized through non formal methods of learning using interactive approach, simulations and ICT (Information and communication tools) in order to provide interesting and proactive work.
The workshop + hackathon will be organized in the incubation centre in Eskisehir that provides high quality conditions for the implementation of the activity. Group division and reward will be discussed during the TC and in between two activities.
Why do we ask for the participants that can join on both activities?
- We want to ensure the best results in a frame of final product but as well provide youth workers and youth with IT skills with new ideas, approaches, skills and information on how they can work in the future as well;
- To ensure commitment from participants side but as well from the side of partners and organizers in order to have long term cooperation with participants from each country after the activities finish;
How to apply?
- Fill in the application form here
- Send it latest until the 20.05.2019.
- We will inform you about the selection period latest until the 25.05.2019.
- After you receive your selection information and we will contact you in order to prepare you with additional information for the following activities.
Who will cover the costs?
Travel costs, accommodation and food will be covered by Youth Council of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina for both events.
We are looking forward to receive your application :)